Welcome to Archway Lincoln Art 2019/20!

Hello to all you returning Lincoln families and to all you new Lincoln families. I am so excited for the new school year and to be able to share my love of art with all of your children. I hope you all had a wonderful summer and were able to rest a little. My families summer was a good mix of fun and rest. I was able to take my oldest kiddo to Chicago to look at colleges. A little sad and scary for me but very exciting for her. While we were there, I was able to go to the Art Institute of Chicago. It was amazing. I discovered some really interesting things about my favorite artist Georgia O'Keeffe and was able to see her beautiful Sky Above Clouds and now I'm working on a project that I can do with your first graders.
Opal with Seurat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

This is the beginning of my fourth year teaching art at Lincoln and I feel very blessed to be a part of this amazing community. I will do my best to keep you all updated on our class projects and share some pictures through the blog. Our first few weeks of classes will be going through procedures and classroom expectations. And then we will have fun learning about artists, elements of art and getting to use many different mediums (oil pastels are my favorite).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Creative!

China, Birds and Water!

Welcome to Mrs. Buehler's Art Room